Proving Test Technician - Peterborough – Initial 6 Month Contract - up to £14.80 per hour
The Proving Test Technician will be involved in a variety of engine installation projects into off-highway machines. Primarily covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown and test.
Proving Test Technician Key Responsibilities
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area
- Follow and work to Engineers instructions to install prototype, pilot and production engines into machines
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required
- Instrument engine installations with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups, data loggers and other instrumentation
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab)
- Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine
- Travel to various off-site test and development facilities (some overseas)
- Engage constructively with designers and engineers
Qualifications and competencies required of the Proving Test Technician
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3)
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained.