Quantity Surveyor – GL9 post code (easily accessible and located very near to junction 18 of the M4) – Permanent – Salary up to £55,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus benefits.
Do you have at least 6 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor? Do you have new build residential experience, either gained through a main contractor or developer? If so, this vacancy could be a really exciting opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor
- Placing subcontract orders – Source suppliers & negotiate packages
- Sending order/ price enquiries
- Monthly CVRs – Internal & External formats
- Interrogating costs and suggesting areas for improvement
- Monthly site valuations in conjunction with funders monitoring surveyors
- Monthly subcontract valuations & application processing
- Consistent review of T&C’s, pre let format etc to ensure fit for purpose
- Produce BOQ & perform take offs to ensure accurate pricing
- Work with land & commercial director to work up new site appraisals and offers
- Work with architects and consultant team to refine standard house types with evolving cost schedules to match
- Training and progression of the assistant / junior QS
- Work with the wider team to create, implement & continuously improve all aspects of the commercial processes and procedures
- Ownership, along with buyer, of site procurement schedules
Experience & attributes required of the Quantity Surveyor
- At least 6 years’ experience working in a similar role
- New build residential experience, either gained through a main contractor or developer
- As a small, growing team, being able to build relationships on all levels (site through to board) is a must
- The role will be extremely varied and constantly evolving. You will need to be prepared to step in within any part of the business as necessary
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.