Senior Aftertreatment Development Engineer
Contract opportunity – umbrella rates up to £36 p/h (DOE) and PAYE hourly £27.50
Do you have experience of working on design and development engine projects to meet the latest emissions legislation? Do you have experience of developing turbocharger components and systems? If so, we have the perfect contract opportunity waiting for you!
You will join the Component Engineering department within a world leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines where you will work on critical projects contributing to the long-term success of a global Company.
Key responsibilities for the Aftertreatment Development Engineer
- Execution of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) System validation activities
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Support of test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
The ideal candidates will have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Key experience includes;
- Strong technical background
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Knowledge of engine systems
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVPs and FMEAs
- Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System development and validation experience
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.