Job Title: Technical Author (Parts)
Rate: Up to £19.25 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis (PAYE illustrations available on request)
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and support of a world class range of engines. They have just made available a 6 month agency/interim role for a Parts Author to support their New Product Introduction activities.
This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of OEM engine parts data for a number of brands, held within a recently implemented S4 / SAP system. You would be the lead for the work, for releasing new info and data management held within SAP. You will need to work with the Parts team to find right information, to ensure that the data in the system is accurate. There’s a lot of variation in the role, requiring you to work with multiple applications.
What would you do?
- Maintain Item Master database with serviceable engine parts
- Maintain Aftermarket Kits
- Release parts
- As knowledge increases on existing processes, begin to support the parts author team with interrogating SAP to answer internal customer queries
- Release new structure details to support the restructuring of an existing engine series
What are we looking for?
- The ability to transform Engineering source data from both drawings and other internal systems and present as service information to Aftermarket systems
- Previous SAP experience preferred but not essential
- Previous Teamcenter experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience of data entry
- Previous experience with multiple applications, including Microsoft applications
- Familiar with engine components but not essential
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business. Onsite training will be required initially in line with full COVID protocols; however the role will be fully remote until July.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.