Electronic Software Engineer (Machines) - Peterborough
Up to £30.00 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
Are you an experienced automotive software engineer? Are you interesting in working with exciting control systems projects, working at the cutting edge of vehicle and machine control technologies?
We’re seeking a controls software engineer to work with our client on a range of control projects. Our client, a market leader in the off-highway industry is constantly innovating and has a truly impressive facilities.
What would you do?
- Develop software models using Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
- Development of test harness to enable automated HIL verification of control models
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during build and test of machines.
- Interface between user areas and electronics system development engineers to implement solutions to affected users.
- Conduct control system tuning/calibration activities on test bench or on machine to achieve desired system performance.
- Compile subsystem software libraries
What are we looking for?
- Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Matlab Simulink and Stateflow experience
- Knowledge / experience of vehicle control systems and / or the development process for real-time control systems.
- Ability to translate customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
- Ability to document complex technical concepts accurately and concisely.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Autosar knowledge/experience
- C Programming Language
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.