Emissions Measurement Technician
Are you an experienced electro-mechanical technician? Are you familiar with emissions (PEMS) measurement equipment?
This contract assignment will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and working at customer sites across Europe – so the ability to travel is important.
This role is available as a temporary PAYE/Umbrella company assignment for 12 months.
What would you do?
• Deploy measurement equipment
• Operate measurement equipment and conduct diagnostic investigations
• Evaluate equipment
• Perform Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
• Conduct Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
• Evaluating new products and processes
• Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
What are we looking for?
• Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
• The capacity to learn new skills
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics
• Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
• Strong team working
• Customer focus
• High work standards
• A focus on Safety must always remain a priority
• Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems Or Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments.
• Full UK Driving License
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates