Emissions Testing (PEMS) Support Technician
Initial 12-month contract
Based in Peterborough with international travel
Hourly rates – Umbrella £22 PAYE £17
An amazing opportunity has arisen to work at a Global OEM of Engine power solutions as an Emissions Testing (PEMS) Support Technician. This role will be site based but will also involve travel to Europe (sometimes at short notice) to provide support at their customer’s sites.
What will you do;
- Support the delivery of In Service Monitoring (ISM) program providing technical support for Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS).
- Be responsible for installation, set up, fault findings and repair of emission testing equipment.
- Delivery of planned maintenance and servicing of onsite Emissions Measurement equipment which include Lab based Gaseous analysers and particulate measurement systems.
Essential technical knowledge/ability
- Experienced maintainer of emissions measurement equipment
- Hands on fault finding and repair of measurement instrumentation (particularly PEMS)
- Focus on high standards of health and safety procedures at all times
- Competent with the creation of Risk Assessment/RAMS
- Previous experience of working at customer sites
- Must be able to travel up to 10 times per year within the EU, typically 1 week each trip
Would be great if you have the following knowledge also;
- Emissions instrumentation measurement techniques and working principles
- History of preparation, installation, set up and operation of Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS)
- SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS
- Compressed gases handling
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- HORIBA MEXA7000/ONE or other motor exhaust gaseous analysers