Engine Test Bed Systems Engineer – Peterborough
Initial 12 month contract
Competitive Rate on offer (Limited/Umbrella)
Have you worked in an Engine test cell environment or with relevant control and measurement systems? Do you have experience in designing and installing test cell equipment in an automotive environment? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for an Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation Systems Engineer to join our globally renowned client’s Engine Development team. This is an initial 12 month contract based at our client’s site in Peterborough. You will have a track record of maintaining and developing current systems in test cells, as well as the creation and deployment of new systems.
What would you do?
- Evaluation, selection, and deployment of test cell control and measurement equipment.
- Design and development of electrical systems and control systems.
- Complex fault finding, working alongside the local technician group.
- Design modifications to facility plant, test rigs and equipment.
What are we looking for?
- Clear experience gained working in an engine test cell environment or with relevant control and measurement systems.
- Team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- An Engineering/Technical Degree or qualified through relevant work experience.
- Computer literacy, familiar with engineering software.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of electrical systems, control systems, and data capture systems - desirable
- Experience in electrical hybridisation of IC engines or developing testing facilities to support this - desirable
- Experience in developing or testing electric vehicles, experience of battery pack management - desirable
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.