Engine Test Technician - Peterborough - Initial 12 month contract
Competitive Hourly rates
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Engine Test Technician to join the development team in a Global Engine Development facility in Peterborough. As part of the team, you will be involved in a variety of diesel engine research and development activities, ranging from engine installation into test cells, along with fitting work and component changes, to running test programmes to engineering requirements in certification, performance, and validation areas.
Key Responsibilities of the Engine Test Technician
- Carry out research & development work on either current or new engines. The ability to work to engineer’s instructions, carry out a range of test work, including fitting prototype parts to an engine and/or record and produce quality data is fundamental
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, such as stripping & rebuilding along with an understanding of common rail fuel systems
- Good PC skills
- Engine test rig experience and/or technical/mechanical experience would provide a distinct advantage. Additional specific training will be given where required
- Must be self-motivated with good team working skills. Initiative and a positive attitude to change are also essential
What we're looking for from an Engine Test Technician
- Good Engine/ Mechanical diagnostic expereince
- Previous experience in motor vehicle maintenance or engine testing
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application
- City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Apprenticeship served in Motor Mechanics or equivalent qualifications is desirable
- Communication, Team success, Initiating action, Customer focus, Work standards, Quality orientation
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.