HiL System Configuration Engineer
Initial 12 Month Contract
Competitive Rate available
We are seeking an engineer skilled in engine control software testing processes and equipment to develop and maintain UK based hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems and associated tools for the validation teams to use. The validation teams are based at several different sites and this team member will need to liaise with these group to ensure the systems meet their needs.
The team primarily use dSPACE and Vector tools to develop automated test scripts but a significant proportion are created in Python. The successful candidate will need to be fully conversant with all these tools.
Job Responsibilities & Duties of the HiL System Configuration Engineer
- Developing and maintaining an AutomationDesk / Python based test automation environment for others to use to develop test plans
- Advising others on how to implement test plans
- Manage deployment of HiL configurations to our UK based test systems
- Manage other supporting software (calibration / service tools etc) on HiL systems
- Conduct ad-hoc tests to validate or troubleshoot issues.
- Run flash file calibration validation tests
Skills and Experience required of the HiL System Configuration Engineer
- dSPACE - ControlDesk, AutomationDesk, EESPORT, ConfigurationDesk, Installation Manager, Firmware Manager
- Able to use the above tools for system configuration and test automation
- Able to create test scripts in versions 2.x and 3.x
- Test processes / procedures
- Ability to define test plans from all levels of system requirements including main functionality and diagnostic behaviour
- Electronic System Knowledge
- Knowledge of power system and diesel engine control system components (controllers, sensors , actuators etc) sufficient to devise test plans
- Mathworks - Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow
- Able to use and interpret model designs to trouble shoot problems
- Able to set up devices / networks for CANape and CANalyzer and use the tools manually of via automation.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.