Import & Export Customs Facilitator
Desford – Hybrid working (WFH and Onsite)
Initial 12 month contract
Up to £15.00 per hour PAYE/Up to £20.00 per hour via an umbrella company
Do you have an understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation, and import, export, shipping and inventory transactions? If so, this could be a great role for you.
Import & Export Customs Facilitator - Key Responsibilities
- Work in a small compliance team to ensure Customs processes, procedure & systems are compliant
- Perform regular monthly Import & Export Declaration audits, advise of any errors and improvements
- Assist with the review and monitoring of Customs Tariff Classification processes
- Working with internal stakeholders and/or third parties to ensure correct Customs documentation
- Create and review Customs and shipping processes, for import and export activities
- Perform quarterly operational & financial audits over processes governed by Sarbanes Oxley
- Support adhoc queries and compliance activities alongside the wider team
- Review and maintain import processes in line with customs requirements
Import & Export Customs Facilitator - Key skills & experience required
- Good understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation
- Prior experience of import, export, Customs, shipping and inventory transactions
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative and ability to solve problems
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.