Logistics / Purchasing Specialist – Stockton-on-Tees – Initial 6 month contract– Up to £16.65 per hour
Logistics / Purchasing Specialist - Key Responsibilities
- Determines method of supplying components either by procurement, subcontract, or in-house manufacturing.
- Sourcing and price negotiation on consumable items as and when required, raising relevant paperwork etc.
- Initiates sales order, places purchase order and processes paperwork on purchased finished products and service part orders.
- Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability. Prepares and enters purchase orders. Ordering transport and managing returnable stillages.
- Discuss defective, unacceptable goods or services with inspection, quality control personnel, user, vendor, and others to determine root cause and take corrective action.
- Work alongside Material Planning Supervisor to establish weekly build, releasing and controlling work orders and route cards.
- Daily / monthly / weekly reporting and consolidation.
- Managing and resolving invoice queries both direct and indirect.
- Any additional support required by Material Planning Supervisors.
Logistics / Purchasing Specialist - Key skills & experience required
- Knowledge of Material Control, Purchasing, inventory Control, Manufacturing operations; and processes a working knowledge of their various data processing systems.
- Communicate and work with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the company.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.