Desford - Initial 12 month contract
Up to £13.50 per hour PAYE Rate / Up to £17.40 per hour via an umbrella company (rates depend on experience)
Do you have material planning experience within an engineering or manufacturing company? Are you hoping to find a new exciting challenge, within a fast-moving environment? Would you like to work for a world renowned brand?
We are looking for a Material Planner to join our client’s Supply Chain Team in Desford. This is an initial 12 month contract which is likely to be ongoing for the right person. If you have a background in planning and production within manufacturing, excellent excel skills and a strong eye for detail, this could be the opportunity you are looking for…
What makes this role interesting?
- A world-class Global supply base.
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- Collaborative partnerships with suppliers.
- Great development opportunities.
- No two days are the same
What will the Material Planner do?
- Coordinate required materials and parts with suppliers.
- Ensure deliveries take place as planned.
- Validate supplier schedules to ensure they meet the facilities requirements.
- Check forecast accuracy and update plans/schedules as required.
What skills and experience does the Material Planner need?
- Ideally previous experience working within a Material Planning. Or a planning role in a manufacturing or engineering environment, where you have liaised with suppliers.
- Supply Chain experience and use of an MRP system is essential.
- Advanced Excel (e.g. lookups and pivot tables).
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills for forecasting.
- Data Analytics and Power BI experience is desirable.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills; excellent phone manner and team working skills.
- Self-Motivated, with the ability to solve problems independently and put measures in place to stop them from reoccurring.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates