Senior Software Engineer
2 positions available
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
Are you an experienced software developer with a background or interest in mobile robotics? Have you developed autonomous mobile robotic systems, using cameras, Lidars and other sensors? Are you looking to join a growing FMCG/industrial products company? If your answer is “yes” this might just be the role for you…
We are looking for 2 Senior Software Engineers to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence.
More about our client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
- Primarily focused on cutting edge projects
- You will be responsible for software development, producing and maintaining detailed designs and specifications throughout development life cycle.
What would you do?
- Software development
- Produce and maintain detailed specifications, objectives and requirements documentation throughout the development life cycle
- Produce detailed designs to meet project/ task requirement
- Validate design performance, requirements and system integration through testing
- Provide significant technical input into all aspects of design work, providing technical advice to managers
- Ensure an optimised solution is developed to support continuous improvement
- Handle difficult tasks or assignments
What are we looking for?
- 5 years’ Software Engineering experience - degree level education or relevant knowledge through work experience
- Experience of working with Robotics and real time communication
- Experience of Sensors, motion control and cameras
- Python and C/C++ experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, using own initiative
- Strong prioritisation skills with ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent communication skills; verbally, written and via presentation according to the audience
- Experience of GIT, mobile robotics, SLAM / Path Planning, Navigation algorithms, Computer Vision, Signal processing, Web UIs, Database, Django, Linux
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.