Software Automation Engineer
DOE approx. £60,000 per annum plus benefits (could be negotiated depending on experience)
We're looking for a Software Automation Engineer to take on the challenge of developing and implementing complex automation, mechatronic systems for various turnkey projects. And with such a transition taking place in the power generation market, this is a really exciting time to consider this career opportunity!
Our customer is designing and building the very latest testing equipment enabling Companies to supply the most efficient propulsion systems for the automotive industry. So, if you are skilled in object orientated programming and have good understanding of engineering principles, then we would love to hear from you!
- Develop and enhance automation systems using C#, C++, VB, Python programming language.
- Design, implement and test of SW and HW.
- Utilize your expertise in network protocols such as EtherCAT, Modbus, CAN would be beneficial.
- Create robust test and acceptance procedures to validate the functionality and performance of the equipment.
- Demonstrate your understanding of electrical systems by modifying them to suit specific applications and requirements.
- Electrical/Pneumatic and Hydraulics Commissioning of equipment.
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and internationally would be required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in automation and control development.
- Full UK driving license is required, as you will be travelling to some of the most state-of-the-art testing facilities in the UK
- Good proficiency in software development, with a proven track record of developing complex automation and control systems.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, or a related field would be desirable.
- Experience in creating and implementing test and acceptance procedures to ensure the quality and reliability of equipment.
- Some knowledge of PLC systems would be beneficial.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.