Supply Chain Demand Planner – Stafford
12 month contract
Up to £23.50 per hour (via Umbrella / PAYE) depending on experience
Do you have demand forecasting experience for a manufacturing or engineering company? Have you analysed data and created forecasts for materials across different product ranges? If yes, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for…
We're looking for a Supply Chain Demand Planner to join our globally renowned client’s Supply Chain Department in Stafford on a 12 month contract basis.
What would the Supply Chain Demand Planner do?
- Support global teams to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on demand trend analysis, forecast accuracy and error understanding to improve order-to-delivery results
- Create and maintain demand pattern data, identify global patterns and product mix
- Lead team efforts to develop manufacturing and supply plans for the facilities
- Gather and analyse data on facility demand and demand variability seen in the product markets
- Develop insightful summaries to effectively communicate & collaborate with Finance, Commercial, Operations and Material planning functions.
- Drive improvements in forecasting accuracy & visibility using a Cloud based Demand Forecasting Tool
- Measure, monitor and report on actual vs forecast accuracy, trends, and patterns
- Review and feedback on Customer historic activity & identify opportunities to improve
- Creation of regular KPI and Metric reports within the Demand Management function
- Support and contribute to monthly meetings and reviews
What skills and experience with the Supply Chain Demand Planner need:
- Demonstrable experience (5 years minimum) of demand forecasting supply chain
- Experience & knowledge of forecasting concepts and tools – Vanguard tool would be advantageous
- Experience & knowledge of supply chain principles, specifically those applied to demand forecasting in a pull manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Excel - intermediate to advanced level, Power BI would be advantageous
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma principles – desirable
- High level of experience in data analysis - desirable
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates