Validation Engineer - Battery Pack & Power System
Peterborough - mix of working from home and on-site working
Initial 12 month contract – likely to be extended
PAYE and Umbrella rates available
The experienced Performance and Validation Engineer will join the newly formed Advanced Powertrain Development Team focussed on the delivery of Battery Pack and Power System performance and validation testing.
As a Performance/Validation engineer, you will report daily to the Senior Battery Validation Test Engineer. You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the Electrification programmes under the direct responsibility of the Europe Research and Development Centre. You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
What will the Validation Engineer do?
- Conduct and/or direct Battery Pack performance and validation tests
- Work with program team and test facilities to develop test plans to meet Technical and Product Objectives
- Conduct and/or direct checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols
- Produce technical reports and present data to program team and wider NPI team
- To share and assist in developing deeper knowledge and understanding of battery development processes and techniques.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
What skills and experience does the Validation Engineer need?
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years experience) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Electrical or Battery background
- Experience using test bed software
- Experience with development through new product
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.